Director of Corporate Development
Akeneo Product Cloud is a composable solution for orchestrating, activating, and optimizing product experiences across all owned and unowned channels. With its open platform, leading PIM, add-ons, connectors, and marketplace, the Akeneo Product Cloud improves product data quality and accuracy, simplifies catalog management, and accelerates the sharing of product information across all channels and locales.
At Akeneo, our teammates are the driving force behind who we are and where we want to go as a company. We work every day to shape a first-class work environment and culture, which is rooted in our core values of Humility, Benevolence, Openness, Innovation and…Beer (aka. comradery)! We want our people to help us grow and to grow with us, and that’s why we do whatever it takes to equip our employees with everything they may need to make a tangible impact on themselves, the business and the company. Let our intrepid three-headed mascot #ZiggyTheHydra welcome you into her world and join us at Akeneo! Learn more about who we are as an employer and about our Culture and Values via our Career page.
Reporting to the CEO as our first Director of Corporate Development, you will lead Akeneo’s inorganic growth strategy and build our M&A practice. In this role, you will help shape our growth strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with partners that support our M&A efforts, and sourcing, negotiating, executing, and integrating impactful acquisitions.
This unique role requires a high level of influence and experience and acts as a trusted advisor to internal and external company leaders. The Director of Corporate Development collaborates closely with Akeneo’s senior leadership and Board of directors regularly.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support CEO in building the M&A process as one of the ways to execute on our Product strategy
- Work with CEO, CPO and VP Strategy on executing the M&A: build strategic narratives, source and evaluate targets, spearhead negotiations and then execute on deals
- Establish and maintain relationships with founders and senior executives from startups, VCs, and leading technology companies to inform product strategy and stay up-to-date with the competitive landscape
- Drive the overall corp dev deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Conduct rigorous analysis to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding companies and potential acquisitions
- Lead deal negotiation, due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including coordinating cross-functional product, engineering, and functional teams to evaluate targets
- Ensure the successful execution of post-close M&A acceleration plans for each deal.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technology M&A strategy, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment
- Proven track record of contribution into building the SaaS product strategy
- Expertise in supporting Product executives in building and executing on the M&A process as part of product strategy
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives
- Strong track record of driving complex projects with different stakeholders to success
- Team player who thrives in a high-growth, constantly changing environment
Life at Akeneo
🌎 Diverse, cross-cultural team.
🎉 Annual All Staff gathering week, office parties, team offsites
🧳 Once a year, travel to another office location for a period of 2 weeks
👋 Top-notch 8-week onboarding program for new teammates, including live presentations, online courses you can take at your own pace, and an exhaustive checklist with all the resources, calls-to-action and support contacts for a smooth integration into the company
💰 Get the basics right with a competitive package, generous Paid Time Off (5 weeks) and complementary health insurance!
⏰ Flexible working hours, global home office policy
👶 Take the time you need to welcome a new family member with 16 weeks of maternity leave (30 days if you are the second parent)
Health & Wellness
🧘 Individual and confidential coaching sessions with a mental health practitioner of your choice
👵 Plan your retirement with ease thanks to our 401k with company matching
🔊 Best-in-class communication and collaboration tools: Slack, Notion, Google Suite, Jira, GitHub...
💻 Choice of a Mac or a Windows laptop
💸 Personal remote allowance to maximize your home office environment
🎫 Participation in in-house events welcoming external guests (ie. Meetups) or industry events
🧑🏫 Group and individual training opportunities
👨💻 Attendance at a yearly business or tech conference of your choice
Diversity & Inclusion
🧑🤝🧑 Akeneo is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works for or with us, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, medical condition, race, age, family status, religion (or lack thereof) and other personal features and preferences. We create the right conditions for you to feel safe and be yourself!
- Say hi! If your application has caught our attention, you will receive an invitation to a 30-minute conversation with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists, where you’ll learn more about the role and about Akeneo.
- Meet your future manager! This 45-60 minute interview will allow you to go in more depth into what the role entails and discuss your experience and skills.
- Meet the team! Project yourself into the reality of the position and confirm our company culture fits you with one or two additional interviews with your future colleagues or stakeholders.
- Sign your offer!
At all stages of your recruitment process, our Talent Acquisition team is committed to giving you an update in a one-week time frame.
So? Is this job description all about you? Then what are you waiting for - click that Apply button so that we can meet you without further delay!
Feeling hesitant because you think you’re not checking 100% of the requirements for the job, but still feel confident and motivated to grow into the position? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway, or reach out to us for questions or clarifications!
- Boston, London, Paris
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Akeneo Product Cloud is the complete and composable SaaS-based solution to activate your product story wherever your customers are. Deliver engaging, world-class product experiences across all of your owned and unowned channels with agility and accuracy.
Director of Corporate Development
Loading application form
Already working at Akeneo?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.