Business Development Representative
Akeneo is a global leader in Product Experience Management (PXM) and Product Information Management (PIM) solutions that help merchants and brands deliver a compelling customer experience across all sales channels, improve product data quality and simplify product catalog management.
At Akeneo, our teammates are the driving force behind who we are and where we want to go as a company. We work every day to shape a first-class work environment and culture, which is rooted in our core values of Humility, Benevolence, Openness, Innovation and…Beer (aka. comradery)! We want our people to help us grow and to grow with us, and that’s why we do whatever it takes to equip our employees with everything they may need to make a tangible impact on themselves, the business and the company. Let our intrepid three-headed mascot #ZiggyTheHydra welcome you into her world and join us at Akeneo! Learn more about who we are as an employer and about our Culture and Values via our Career page.
Are you looking to join a highly ambitious, rapidly growing SaaS company, and to build a sales career within a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth, and listen to your ideas?
We’re hiring a hard-working and motivated BDR to be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities and assisting company growth through new acquisition opportunities. This role requires personal drive, tireless persistence, and will lay the foundation for a successful SaaS sales career for those candidates who are willing to learn and work towards that goal.
- Conduct effective discovery and qualification conversations with our Enterprise prospects through your deep understanding of our products value proposition and use-cases;
- Develop creative strategies for engaging and nurturing prospects using email, phone, social media and any other strategies that work!
- Identify & cultivate relationships with decision-makers within targeted accounts;
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as potential sales opportunities;
- Work collaboratively with sales and marketing to execute a lead generation strategy as the firm introduces enhancements to existing solutions and/or releases new products;
- Use your frontline knowledge of customers’ needs to educate the broader team on learnings and business opportunities.
- Fluent in German and English
- Minimum one-year experience as a BDR/SDR
- Experience with SalesLoft preferred
- Problem solver - finds a way around obstacles
- At ease in an international environment
- Experience working with business owners, CMO’s, and executives would be a plus
- Autonomous, curious, eager to learn & proactive with a strong interest in Sales
- Strong communications skills - expected to gather details about prospects that can be used to personalise messaging
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Life at Akeneo
🌎 Diverse, cross-cultural team.
🎉 Annual All Staff gathering week, office parties, team offsites
👋 Top-notch 8-week onboarding program for new teammates, including live presentations, online courses you can take at your own pace, and an exhaustive checklist with all the resources, calls-to-action and support contacts for a smooth integration into the company
🌿 Central and well-connected office with a garden, close to the river and parks.
💰 Competitive package and generous Paid Time Off (30 days)
🚇 Transportation ticket if you live nearby
⏰ Flexible working hours, global home office policy
👶 Take the time you need to welcome a new family member with 16 weeks of maternity leave (30 days if you are the second parent)
Health & Wellness
🧘 Individual and confidential coaching sessions with a mental health practitioner of your choice
👟 30€+ Urban Sports Club monthly deduction
🔊 Best-in-class communication and collaboration tools: Slack, Notion, Google Suite, Jira, GitHub...
💻 Choice of a MacOS or Linux
💸 Personal remote allowance to maximize your home office environment
🎫 Participation in in-house events welcoming external guests (ie. Meetups) or industry events
🧑🏫 Group and individual training opportunities
🤲 Employee Volunteering program: give back to the community with two days per year dedicated to supporting the charities of your choice.
🧑🤝🧑 Akeneo is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works for or with us, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, medical condition, race, age, family status, religion (or lack thereof) and other personal features and preferences. We create the right conditions for you to feel safe and be yourself!
- Say hi! If your application has caught our attention, you will receive an invitation to a 30-minute conversation with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists, where you’ll learn more about the role and about Akeneo.
- Meet your future manager! This 45-60 minute interview will allow you to go in more depth into what the role entails and discuss your experience and skills.
- Meet the team! Project yourself into the reality of the position and confirm our company culture fits you with one or two additional interviews with your future colleagues or stakeholders.
- Sign your offer!
At all stages of your recruitment process, our Talent Acquisition team is committed to giving you an update in a one-week time frame.
So? Is this job description all about you? Then what are you waiting for - click that Apply button so that we can meet you without further delay!
Feeling hesitant because you think you’re not checking 100% of the requirements for the job, but still feel confident and motivated to grow into the position? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway, or reach out to us for questions or clarifications!
- Sales & Partnerships
- Sales & Business Development
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Akeneo Product Cloud is the complete and composable SaaS-based solution to activate your product story wherever your customers are. Deliver engaging, world-class product experiences across all of your owned and unowned channels with agility and accuracy.
Business Development Representative
Loading application form
Already working at Akeneo?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.