Product Design Manager (Mid/Senior)
Akeneo is a global leader in Product Experience Management (PXM) and Product Information Management (PIM) solutions that help merchants and brands deliver a compelling customer experience across all sales channels, improve product data quality and simplify product catalog management.
At Akeneo, our teammates are the driving force behind who we are and where we want to go as a company. We work every day to shape a first-class work environment and culture, which is rooted in our core values of Humility, Benevolence, Openness, Innovation and…Beer (aka. comradery)! We want our people to help us grow and to grow with us, and that’s why we do whatever it takes to equip our employees with everything they may need to make a tangible impact on themselves, the business and the company. Let our intrepid three-headed mascot #ZiggyTheHydra welcome you into her world and join us at Akeneo! Learn more about who we are as an employer and about our Culture and Values via our Career page.
Akeneo is seeking a talented Product Design Manager to join our Design team of 12, on a permanent basis. This role will significantly enhance the quality of the experience we deliver to our customers, increasing adoption, retention and overall satisfaction, enabling Akeneo to grow faster and better.
In this newly created role, you will manage a team of 5 Product Designers and report directly to the Head of Design.
Outside of the Design team, you will work closely with the Product Director, the Engineering Director and the squads. You will build durable strategic partnerships with stakeholders across the organization with an adaptive, empathetic, collaborative leadership mindset.
More precisely, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage a Product Design team: Lead, recruit, onboard and grow a team of world-class product designers. This includes overseeing, guiding and ensuring successful planning and execution of the product design work within your remit, to drive deep user and customer satisfaction while supporting business outcomes.
- Co-lead a specific product remit: Work closely with a Product Director and an Engineering Director to ensure the squads are set up for success and deliver to expectations.
This includes creating a high-performing culture within the squads: foster collaboration, accountability, ensure everyone is supportive to one another, and committed to do their best work.
- Contribute to the strategy: Contribute to the product department yearly OKR definition. Ensure OKR/success metrics within your remit are systematically defined, tracked and socialized to the relevant audiences. Finally, contribute to the definition of an ambitious, yet achievable, user experience vision and the steps to get there.
- Be a driving force for the whole Design team: Contribute to maintaining harmony and a high-performing culture. Identify opportunities for improvements and drive changes. This includes key activities such as evolution of the product discovery process, strong involvement in team OKRs, creation of a skills matrix, etc.
- Socialize design internally and externally: Contribute to increasing the design maturity of the business at all levels, across all departments and teams. Be actively involved in getting Akeneo and the Design team known externally by writing in the Akeneo blog, speaking in conferences, participating in podcasts, etc.
- 9+ years of experience in UX/Product Design.
- 1+ year of experience in leading a team, ideally of 3+ permanent designers.
- Able to simplify, to cut through the noise, to understand what’s important, communicate and inspire that clarity in others.
- Growth mindset, strong emotional intelligence, and good pitching/storytelling skills.
- Ideally, you speak French and English - because 70% of our users don’t speak French! Native English speakers who don’t speak French are welcome to apply.
- Ideally, you have experience designing B2B products in a software company.
Life at Akeneo
🌎 Diverse, cross-cultural team.
🎉 Annual All Staff gathering week, office parties, team offsites
🧳 Once a year, travel to another office location for a period of 2 weeks.
👋 Top-notch 8-week onboarding programme for new teammates, including live presentations, online courses you can take at your own pace, and an exhaustive checklist with all the resources, calls-to-action and support contacts for a smooth integration into the company.
🏰 The position is open in the lovely city of Nantes: Enjoy a 19th-century historical building, tour our private garden and stop by the pond while doing your team catch-up. We also do great barbecues when the sun is out.
🐔 Fresh honey and eggs by our own bees and chickens :)
💰 Competitive package and complementary health insurance
⏰ Flexible working hours, global home office policy
👶 33 days paid leave if you are the second parent (instead of 28 days)
Health & Wellness
🧘Individual and confidential coaching sessions with a mental health practitioner of your choice
💆 Massage sessions offered regularly and at a reduced price
🔊 Best-in-class communication and collaboration tools: Slack, Notion, Google Suite, Jira, GitHub...
💻 Choice of a Mac or a Windows laptop
💸 Personal remote allowance to maximize your home office environment
🎫 Participation in in-house events welcoming external guests (ie. Meetups) or industry events
🧑🏫 Group and individual training opportunities
👨💻 Attendance at a yearly business or tech conference of your choice
Perks & Discounts
😋 Get your Swile lunch card funded at 50% by the company
🚇 Receive a 50% discount on the transportation pass of your choice
📽️ Comité Social et Economique: advantages and deductions on cultural activities, entertainment etc.
🤲 Employee Volunteering program: give back to the community with two days per year dedicated to supporting the charities of your choice.
🧑🤝🧑 Akeneo is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works for or with us, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, medical condition, race, age, family status, religion (or lack thereof) and other personal features and preferences. We create the right conditions for you to feel safe and be yourself!
- Say hi! If your application has caught our attention, you will receive an invitation to a 30-minute conversation with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists, where you’ll learn more about the role and about Akeneo.
- Meet your future manager! This 45-60 minute interview will allow you to go in more depth into what the role entails and discuss your experience and skills.
- Meet the team! Project yourself into the reality of the position and confirm our company culture fits you with one or two additional interviews with your future colleagues or stakeholders.
- Sign your offer!
At all stages of your recruitment process, our Talent Acquisition team is committed to giving you an update in a one-week time frame.
So? Is this job description all about you? Then what are you waiting for - click that Apply button so that we can meet you without further delay!
Feeling hesitant because you think you’re not checking 100% of the requirements for the job, but still feel confident and motivated to grow into the position? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway, or reach out to us for questions or clarifications!
- Paris, Nantes
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Akeneo Product Cloud is the complete and composable SaaS-based solution to activate your product story wherever your customers are. Deliver engaging, world-class product experiences across all of your owned and unowned channels with agility and accuracy.
Product Design Manager (Mid/Senior)
Loading application form
Already working at Akeneo?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.