Product Marketing Associate
Akeneo is a global leader in Product Experience Management (PXM) and Product Information Management (PIM) solutions that help merchants and brands deliver a compelling customer experience across all sales channels, improve product data quality and simplify product catalog management.
At Akeneo, our teammates are the driving force behind who we are and where we want to go as a company. We work every day to shape a first-class work environment and culture, which is rooted in our core values of Humility, Benevolence, Openness, Innovation and…Beer (aka. comradery)! We want our people to help us grow and to grow with us, and that’s why we do whatever it takes to equip our employees with everything they may need to make a tangible impact on themselves, the business and the company. Let our intrepid three-headed mascot #ZiggyTheHydra welcome you into her world and join us at Akeneo! Learn more about who we are as an employer and about our Culture and Values via our Career page.
Akeneo is at the forefront of shaping a market category and elevating product experience (PX) to the same level as customer experience (CX). In order to give our products a clear and compelling voice while achieving our business targets, we are currently looking for an Associate Product Marketing Manager who will help develop and execute our go-to-market strategy for our bold new vision.
This individual will work in a fast-paced, energetic environment to support the product marketing initiatives necessary for increasing pipeline, provide understanding and guidance on our market segments and customers, and ensure continued ARR growth for Akeneo. This includes being adept at building and telling relevant and strategic narratives through the lens of customer personas that position Akeneo successfully against the competition; being a credible and valued partner with product management to collaborate on product direction as a customer champion; and gaining alignment with product, marketing, sales, alliances and post-sales.
This position will report to a Senior Product Marketing Manager as part of a growing product marketing team and it will be a player-coach relationship. The right candidate should be hungry to learn and excited about making an impact at Akeneo.
You will support the business across key areas including:
- Driving expertise on the competitive landscape. Gathering and communicating competitive intel for all levels of the company. Present findings and recommendations as needed.
- Collaborating with product marketers on developing personas and buying journeys.
- Managing the creation of a wide variety of high-impact marketing, sales and product-led content including web pages, in-product messaging, presentations, sales training, blog posts, videos, and more.
- Completing win/loss analysis and presenting findings to key stakeholders to ensure that our differentiators are meeting evolving market needs.
- Collaborating with product management and solutions engineering to define and deliver demo stories and assets that address the use cases of our target audiences.
- BA or BS required (major in Marketing or related field preferred)
- 1 - 3+ years of experience in marketing, product marketing, sales, etc ideally within the software/SaaS industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable. Ability to work cross-functionally with sales, marketing & product management organizations
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to draw business-relevant inferences and determine strategies and tactics from data and insights.
- Demonstrate upstanding character, leadership, and consistent execution.
- Self-motivated. Ready to work both autonomously and as part of a team in order to see things through to completion.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- A good sense of humor and a work hard, play hard attitude
- Interest in working on a variety of projects
While experience in the above areas will be highly valued, it’s important to note that they are secondary to a candidate with the right determination, attitude and Akeneo spirit.
*As a final stage in the interview process, there will be a presentation to the team based on criteria provided to you.
Life at Akeneo
🌎 Diverse, cross-cultural team.
🎉 Annual All Staff gathering week, office parties, team offsites
🧳 Once a year, travel to another office location for a period of 2 weeks
👋 Top-notch 8-week onboarding program for new teammates, including live presentations, online courses you can take at your own pace, and an exhaustive checklist with all the resources, calls-to-action and support contacts for a smooth integration into the company
💰 Get the basics right with a competitive package, generous Paid Time Off (5 weeks) and complementary health insurance!
⏰ Flexible working hours, hybrid home/office policy
👶 Take the time you need to welcome a new family member with 16 weeks of maternity leave (30 days if you are the second parent)
Health & Wellness
🧘 Individual and confidential coaching sessions with a mental health practitioner of your choice
👵 Plan your retirement with ease thanks to our 401k with company matching
🔊 Best-in-class communication and collaboration tools: Slack, Notion, Google Suite, Jira, GitHub...
💻 Choice of a Mac or a Windows laptop
💸 Personal remote allowance to maximize your home office environment
🎫 Participation in in-house events welcoming external guests (ie. Meetups) or industry events
🧑🏫 Group and individual training opportunities
👨💻 Attendance at a yearly business or tech conference of your choice
🤲 Employee Volunteering program: give back to the community with two days per year dedicated to supporting the charities of your choice.
🧑🤝🧑 Akeneo is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works for or with us, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, medical condition, race, age, family status, religion (or lack thereof) and other personal features and preferences. We create the right conditions for you to feel safe and be yourself!
- Say hi! If your application has caught our attention, you will receive an invitation to a 30-minute conversation with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists, where you’ll learn more about the role and about Akeneo.
- Meet your future manager! This 45-60 minute interview will allow you to go in more depth into what the role entails and discuss your experience and skills.
- Meet the team! Project yourself into the reality of the position and confirm our company culture fits you with one or two additional interviews with your future colleagues or stakeholders.
- Sign your offer!
At all stages of your recruitment process, our Talent Acquisition team is committed to giving you an update in a one-week time frame.
So? Is this job description all about you? Then what are you waiting for - click that Apply button so that we can meet you without further delay!
Feeling hesitant because you think you’re not checking 100% of the requirements for the job, but still feel confident and motivated to grow into the position? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway, or reach out to us for questions or clarifications!
- Product Marketing
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Akeneo Product Cloud is the complete and composable SaaS-based solution to activate your product story wherever your customers are. Deliver engaging, world-class product experiences across all of your owned and unowned channels with agility and accuracy.
Product Marketing Associate
Loading application form
Already working at Akeneo?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.