Akeneo Product Cloud is a composable solution for orchestrating, activating, and optimizing product experiences across all owned and unowned channels. With its open platform, leading PIM, add-ons, connectors, and marketplace, the Akeneo Product Cloud improves product data quality and accuracy, simplifies catalog management, and accelerates the sharing of product information across all channels and locales.
At Akeneo, our teammates are the driving force behind who we are and where we want to go as a company. We work every day to shape a first-class work environment and culture, which is rooted in our core values of Humility, Benevolence, Openness, Innovation and…Beer (aka. comradery)! We want our people to help us grow and to grow with us, and that’s why we do whatever it takes to equip our employees with everything they may need to make a tangible impact on themselves, the business and the company. Let our intrepid three-headed mascot #ZiggyTheHydra welcome you into her world and join us at Akeneo! Learn more about who we are as an employer and about our Culture and Values via our Career page.
We are seeking an experienced Senior/Principal Technical Product Manager with a strong "Founder's Mindset" to lead the beginning, evolution, and expansion of the Product Experience Platform (PXP) of the Akeneo Product Cloud. As a leader in a technical pre-PMF product line, your self-directed and entrepreneurial approach will be crucial in shaping and driving the success of our platform offerings. This role requires deep technical knowledge around multi-tenant SaaS platforms architecture, internal, customer, and partner discovery, passion for creating best-in-class developer tools, and a visionary perspective to anticipate and meet the needs of the future to build the bedrock foundational platform to help the Akeneo Product Cloud 🌠 succeed over the next 10 to 20 years. If you have a knack for trailblazing new paths while being given autonomy and are excited about shaping the future of new B2B Platform multi-tenant SaaS product lines, we'd love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with software engineers, architects (Staff Engineers), and other cross-functional teams to define, design, and deliver platform capabilities while ensuring our platform's scalability, reliability, and cloud design.
- Demonstrate a "Founder's Mindset" by understanding the broader business context, taking calculated risks, and navigating ambiguity with a solutions-oriented perspective.
- Own the product roadmap for the platform, prioritizing features based on business impact, customer needs, and market trends.
- Design and optimize API interfaces, with a particular focus on authentication, reliability, ease of use, and scalability mechanisms to provide the best Developer Experience, both externally and internally.
- Leverage the "Jobs to be Done" (JTBD) framework to understand and prioritize external, partner, and internal customer needs.
- Engage with industry best practices around analytics, signals, & usage telemetry in Customer Data Platforms, analytics, and telemetry to ensure our platform remains at the forefront of technological innovation.
- Ensure that our platform's architecture is optimized for multi-tenancy, COGS efficiency, and stellar unit economics, catering to diverse B2B SaaS clients across the Commerce industry like retailers, distributors, suppliers, brands, and more.
- Understand and advocate for both external and internal developers, ensuring our platform meets their evolving requirements.
- Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies, integrating them into the product roadmap when appropriate.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a “Founder's Mindset” – embodying traits like vision, resourcefulness, self-directedness, and the ability to operate effectively in less structured environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; advanced degrees including Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of product management experience, with a focus on developer tools, platforms, or technical infrastructure.
- Proven expertise in Platform-first thinking in how to solve external customer, partner, and internal Jobs to Be Done (JsTBD) spanning across Go to Market and other Engineering Squad needs.
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms such as Segment, coupled with a strong grasp of analytics and telemetry to understand how best to instrument learning if and how customers are being successful.
- Prior experience in designing and implementing multi-tenant architectures for B2B SaaS products. Experience with B2C or Single-Tenant architectures is noted, but the primary focus is on B2B multi-tenancy.
- Proven expertise in API design, especially in the realms of end developer experience, ease of use, and sustainability over a long period of time.
Preferred qualifications, optional
- Background in the eCommerce or Commerce industry, with an understanding of its specific challenges and opportunities.
- Technical understanding of different API choices and when to use them like REST APIs, GraphQL, gRPC, Authentication, JWT, OpenID Connect flows, OAuth, etc.
- Deep understanding of scalability, reliability, and cloud-based design principles.
- Familiarity with the "Jobs to be Done" framework and its application for both external and internal “customer” types.
- Prior experience as a software developer or cloud-native architect.
What we offer
- Annual subscription to Reforge Product Management course series & materials to help support your Growth Mindset 🌱, including the “Finding Product/Market Fit” course if that’s an area you’d like to delve more into.
- A fast-paced, innovative environment where you will have a direct impact, be self-empowered, and autonomous to help your team achieve impact.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth as the Product Experience Platform product line finds Product Market Fit and continues to grow delivering impact and value to solving customer problems.
Life at Akeneo
💰 Get the basics right with a competitive package and complementary health insurance.
🌎 Diverse, cross-cultural team.
🎉 Annual All Staff gathering week, office parties, team offsites
👋 Top-notch 8-week onboarding program for new teammates, including live presentations, online courses you can take at your own pace, and an exhaustive checklist with all the resources, calls-to-action and support contacts for smooth integration into the company
⏰ Flexible working hours, hybrid home/office policy
Health & Wellness
🧘 Individual and confidential coaching sessions with a mental health practitioner of your choice
🔊 Best-in-class communication and collaboration tools: Slack, Notion, Google Suite, Jira, GitHub...
💻 Choose between MacOS or Linux
💸 Personal remote allowance to maximize your home office environment
🎫 Participation in in-house events welcoming external guests (i.e. Meetups) or industry events
🧑🏫 Group and individual training opportunities
🤲 Employee Volunteering program: give back to the community with two days per year dedicated to supporting the charities of your choice.
🧑🤝🧑 Diversity & Inclusion: Akeneo provides and ensures a safe work environment for everyone, regardless of seniority, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other characteristics. Akeneo is deeply anti-racist, anti-homophobic, anti-sexist, anti-ableist, and inclusive. We create the right conditions for you to feel safe and be yourself!
- Say hi! If your application has caught our attention, you will receive an invitation to a 30-minute conversation with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists, where you’ll learn more about the role and about Akeneo.
- Meet your future manager! This 45-60 minute interview will allow you to go in more depth into what the role entails and discuss your experience and skills.
- Meet the team! Project yourself into the reality of the position and confirm our company culture fits you with one or two additional interviews with your future colleagues or stakeholders.
- Sign your offer!
At all stages of your recruitment process, our Talent Acquisition team is committed to giving you an update in a one-week time frame.
So? Is this job description all about you? Then what are you waiting for - click that Apply button so that we can meet you without further delay!
Feeling hesitant because you think you’re not checking 100% of the requirements for the job, but still feel confident and motivated to grow into the position? Don’t hesitate to apply anyway, or reach out to us for questions or clarifications!